We make your life easier by taking away the headaches, fear and dull parts
of running a business and doing it all for you.
It sounds a tad cheesy but, simply put, we provide peace of mind.
One size fits all is total rubbish when it comes to your business. Each business has its unique issues and needs so you need an accountancy service that is just as unique.
The basic components are the same; all businesses need to be compliant, make sure they never miss a deadline and make sure that they don’t pay more in tax than you absolutely have to. However, even the compliance side of things varies wildly depending on whether you are a sole trader, partnership or Limited Company. Whether you have employees or not, whether you are VAT registered or not and that’s without taking into account any industry specific regulations.
So what do we do?
- Advice on the best structure for your business, be it Limited Company, sole trader, partnership, LLP, CIC, charity etc… We can help you decide by looking at the most tax efficient business type as well as weighing up the pro’s and con’s with you.
- Setting up a Limited Company, registering it with Companies House and making sure that the share structure is correct. The only thing you have to do is come up with a name (and we can even help with that).
- Registering your business (and you) with the relevant HMRC departments. There can be up to 5 different departments within HMRC that need to be aware that you have started a business: Self Assessment, Corporation Tax, PAYE, CIS and VAT and you need to make sure that you are set up online with a government gateway ID and the relevant access to file online. Well we take care of all of that for you.
- Software Training – we don’t mean to brag but we pretty much know them all inside out and have the certificates (and even a t-shirt in Xero’s case) to prove it. We can either recommend a fantastic cloud based software system that will meet the needs of your business or we can work with what you’ve got and train you how to get the most out of it. Software is there to make your life easier and if you don’t know how to use it properly you are probably not taking advantage of all of the features available to you. And don’t worry, it’s not like the old days where you had to spend hours learning about double entry bookkeeping, in fact, our training sessions are fun, fun, fun 🙂Find out first hand from someone who’s been through it.
- We have heard a lot of horror stories from people who have put up with accountants who don’t seem to be doing the job they have been paid for. In some cases those people have put up with it for years because they think it will be hassle to move or they just don’t want to have to tell someone they’re leaving. Well we have an Easy-Switch service which takes the stress out of moving. You can even hide while we tell them on your behalf if you like.
- Dealing with HMRC can be an absolute nightmare, even for us old hands. For the uninitiated, or inexperienced, it can quite simply be hellish. We think your time is much too valuable to be spent on hold for 3 hours only to be told you have called the wrong department. Instead, we obtain authority to deal with them on your behalf. Meaning you will never have to speak to them again if you don’t wish to (and let’s face it, why would you?).
- Payroll – For however many, however often you need it. It could be a one-man consultancy company with director only payroll which is run once a month or perhaps a pub with 10 employees who are paid weekly or maybe a fast food franchise owner with 4 different stores who pays their 150 employees every two weeks. We don’t mind, we will run the payroll, process the starters and leavers, provide the payslips and file the returns. We’ll let you know how much PAYE to pay (if any) and how to pay too.
- P11D’s – If you provide benefits then we will file these annual forms on your behalf and calculate the payment due.
- Annual Return – Not to be confused with the accounts. This form is for Limited Companies and is basically a statement of shareholders and members as required by Companies House each year.
- Share transfers and general company administration will be dealt with as part of your fixed fee.
- Bookkeeping – if you’d rather not do your own bookkeeping, and let’s face it, it’s a rare type of person who enjoys bookkeeping, just pass it over to us, we love it.
- VAT returns – all part of the service. We can either draft them and submit them for you or just check your calculations each month if you’d like us to.
- References – so many accountants charge extra for this but not us. We will provide as many references as you need and obtain SA302’s (HMRC statements of your tax affairs) where necessary.
- Management accounts – getting information that’s up to date is absolutely crucial to running a successful business, so management accounts are needed by those who wish to grow and take over the world. Whether you want them quarterly or monthly, that’s up to you, we can even give them to you daily if you like. 🙂
- Cash flow forecasts – as above, these are a must if you are looking to expand. You have to know future cash flow to enable you to look at future opportunities. Again, we can update this monthly or quarterly.
- Invoicing and credit control – we can provide the whole sales day book service from raising invoices to sending them to clients to chasing the payments for those customers who try to stretch the terms a bit more than you’d like them to.
- CIS monthly returns and verifying subcontractors – we do have a bit of a soft spot for those of you in construction. All the additional hoops you guys have to jump through in terms of monitoring your subcontractor’s tax situations. We can take the burden away completely. Some of our clients even prefer for us to have access to their banks and pay their subbies each week/month too.
- Tax Returns – Corporation tax returns, partnership tax returns, self assessment tax returns. We do them all and send them to HMRC for you. We also like to be as paperless as possible, because as well as saving the environment, it’s heaps quicker than snail mail.
- Accounts – for limited companies we prepare and send iXBRL accounts to HMRC (that’s just the format they want them in, if you were interested), abbreviated accounts to Companies House. If you’re a sole trader, we’ll prepare a set of accounts just for you.
Spot the Difference
Whatever you sign up for, and we can help you decide what you need, we like to take our clients on a journey which encompasses the following three aspects:
‘Educate’ gives you an understanding of your responsibilities as a business owner, knowledge about the tax system, ensures you are registered correctly with HMRC, help with setting up payroll schemes, teaches you about company administration and ensures you are correctly set up, ready to thrive over the coming years. This also includes bookkeeping training but we know that sends a shiver down some people’s spines, so if you prefer, we’re more than happy to take this off your hands too.
Do you get a set of accounts each year, sign where you are told to and then throw them in a drawer never to see the light of day? Are you sepnding time bookkeeping just to do your VAT each quarter?
‘Clarity’ is about knowing exactly where you are. We make sure that not only do you have your figures at your fingertips but that you’re able to understand what they mean for your business.
We help you to make your numbers mean more than just numbers with the use of analysis, forecasts and identifying Key Performance Indicators (we do the difficult bit, you just have to listen). Then we’ll sit down with you at various intervals throughout the year and look at the actuals compared to the forecasts.
This process will help you to identify your strengths, weaknesses and areas for improvement. It will also help you to fully understand your key sales and growth drivers and therefore identify and maximise any opportunities that could be available to you.
Once you’re clear on what your figures are, and what they mean in real terms, then we can work on the bigger picture.
Where do you want to be in the future? What does this look like in terms of the numbers?
Mind the Gap!
We will sit down together at regular intervals and look at all aspects of your business and the gap between where you are and where you want to be.
We set targets to close the gap, formulate a step by step plan to meet those targets and hold you accountable for every step.